Glyn Satterley was born in Kent, England. He graduated with a degree in Fine Art from Ravensbourne College, but continued to pursue a love for photography rather than painting. Alongside his many years of editorial work Glyn has worked on several large projects, the main ones being:
- A look at Scotland's Far North - Caithness and Sutherland - a bleak and sparsely populated area at Scotlands most Northern tip. This work was exhibited widely, and Glyn's first book Life in Caithness and Sutherland produced from it.
- An on-going, in-depth study for the first time (probably since Victorian times) at the way of life on Scottish Sporting Estates. It resulted in an exhibition and three books - The Scottish Highland Estate, The Highland Game and Going to the Hill.
- The summers of 1999-2002 were spent photographing material for The Scottish Golf Book, The Scottish Fishing Book, and The Scottish Whisky Book. During this time he also finished a specially commissioned black and white photographic book for Ackergill Tower in Caithness, a behind the scenes look at one of Scotland's most prestigious hotels.
- 2002 to date. Personal work includes images for a new golf book (still to be published) and research for a new fishing book. He has continued to update the Sporting Estates material through the seasons, and 2010 and 2011 were spent photographing Going to the Hill.(Quiller - published Oct 2012)
Glyn is based ouside Edinburgh in East Lothian, and has worked as a freelance for many U.K. European and American publications, as well as a broad range of private and corporate clients. See Client List.
- Photographers Gallery - London
- Portfolio Gallery - Edinburgh
- Collins Gallery - Glasgow
- Third Eye Centre - Glasgow
- Royal Museum of Scotland - Edinburgh
- Inverness Museum
- Aberdeen Art Gallery
- Simpsons of Piccadilly
- Edinburgh Airport
- Bonhams, Edinburgh